Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lĭt / uh / ruh / sē Äw / fĭs

December: Spiritual Literacy Month
One-River focuses on human spirituality, religious diversity, and the importance of spiritual literacy; promotes a basic knowledge of and familiarity with the sacred texts of the world's religions; works towards global understanding, respect, and peace.

Sites of Interest or check out a Book !
Speaking of Faith with Krista Tippett; public radio's conversation about religion, meaning, ethics, and ideas; addressing the intellectual and spiritual content of religion head-on.


AskPhilosophers deals with the paradox surrounding philosophy: everyone confronts philosophical issues throughout his or her life but very few have the opportunity to learn about philosophy. Put the skills and knowledge of trained philosophers to the test and
ask a question.

On the lighter side: Beliefnet claims to be the largest spiritual web site. It is not affiliated with any spiritual organization or movement and their only agenda is to help you meet your spiritual needs. You can take a ‘Soul Survey;’ or, even if YOU don't know what faith you are, Belief-O-Matic™ knows. Answer 20 questions about your concept of God, the afterlife, human nature, and more, and Belief-O-Matic™ will tell you what religion (if any) you practice . . . or ought to consider practicing. Warning: Belief-O-Matic™ assumes no legal liability for the ultimate fate of your soul.

Burbank Public Library:
Messy Spirituality: God's annoying love for imperfect people

by Mike Yaconelli 248.4 YACON
"I Guess I'm Not a Very Good Christian . . ."Do you feel like: I don't pray enough, I don't read my Bible enough, I don't share my faith enough, I don't love God enough, I'm not committed enough, I'm not spiritual enough. Then this book is for you.


"Read not the times, read the eternities" Henry David Thoreau

No comments: