Monday, November 27, 2006

Yosemite - Art of an American Icon exhibition.


Rather than fighting the day after Thanksgiving crowds shopping at the mall, my family and I took a visit to the Museuem of the American West (formerly the Autry Museum of Western Heritage), adjacent to the LA Zoo and spent the day enjoying the exhibits. As my parents and Aunt had never been there before, they didn't realize what a special time lay before them. I would like to make special mention of the special exhibits on Yosemite. There are two separate gallaries devoted to artistic interpretations of the visual power and beauty or this magnificent National Park. Part one, 1855-1969 will be open until January 7, 2007 and Part two, 1970 - Present will be open until April 22, 2007. Go see a variety of paintings including one of my favorite artists, Albert Bierstadt [shown above], photographs including Ansel Adams and much more.

No comments: