Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What We're Reading - The Blonde by Duane Swierczynski

Every now and then a new author catches my eye and demands that I read his or her book. Such is the case with Duane Swiercynski's new, contemporary noir styled thriller, "The Blonde". This fast paced thriller had my attention from the first line, "I poisoned your drink". C'mon now, how can any self respecting mystery/suspense reader not be intrigued? Along with that fabulous opening line, you have a beautiful blonde on the lam, involved in shady deeds, manipulating men for her own purposes, involving an innocent man taken in on a dangerous night that may or may not leave him victim to a mysterious government hitman. Add in some flavorful Philadelphia local color and this one won't take you long to finish. For a second opinion, I gave the book to my Aunt the other day to read, and within hours she left a voice message that she had read the book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Treat yourself to "The Blonde" and guys, be careful the next time you decide to chat up a woman in a bar or you too may hear "I poisoned your drink"!

No comments: