Thursday, May 31, 2007

What We're Reading - Gerald R. Ford by Douglas Brinkley.




With President Ford's recent death in December, Douglas Brinkley's new biography Gerald R. Ford becomes the first book to cover the entirety of Ford's life. The book also benefits from new insights from recent author interviews with Ford. A concise and interesting read about a man who took over the Presidency under the most difficult of circumstances.





If you enjoy this book, I'd also recommend reading the other titles in The American Presidents series . All are are under 200 pages and are perfect titles for great introductory reading on our Presidents.

3 comments:

Lee Dembart said...

I believe there's an error. The author of this book is Douglas Brinkley, not David Brinkley

Erin said...

So it is. Thanks for pointing that out! It's been changed in the entry.

Duedsml said...

I see Lee Dembart spotted my error, I wish I could say that I made the mistake on purpose to test our blog watchers...maybe I'll do that next time!