Thursday, September 06, 2007

What We're Reading and Watching - Stardust


I recently went and saw the new movie, Stardust which I found to be a fun romance/fairy tale/adventure movie. Entertaining with a great cast feature a vile and villainous Michelle Pfeiffer and a fun supporting role for Robert DeNiro as the lightning pirate with a bit of a secret. I recommend it highly. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to read the book of the same name and the basis of the movie by Neil Gaiman. I've read a few other books by Gaiman who is easily one of the most imaginative and versatile writers of fantasy working today. He has written graphic novels, short stories, and novels aimed at both adults and young adults. The one constant is that Neil Gaiman is a very talented writer. Stardust the book has been quite fun to read, and while not surprising that the movie follows a different path but both book and movie are good entertainments and I recommend them both to you.

No comments: