Friday, November 09, 2007

The Mist by Stephen King



Writer/Director Frank Darabont has made his reputation adapting Stephen King stories to the movie theater. So far he is two-for-two, with The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile to his credit. Upcoming later this month, he goes for the hat trick with The Mist. Now for those of you wondering, "I don't recall ever reading a novel by King called The Mist" you're correct. The Mist is a novella, and can be found in two books in the library's collection,
Dark Forces : New Stories of Suspense and Supernatural Horror and in one of Stephen King's short story collections, Skeleton Crew . Having greatly enjoyed Shawshank and Green Mile, I suspect the film will be good, but also having read The Mist years ago, I do vividly recall that it is one of the creepiest and scariest pieces of fiction I've ever read, so I debate whether or not I want to have the daylights scared out of me. The Buena Vista Branch also owns The Mist on spoken word cassette format.
Either way that I go, for people interested in reading the source material, do checkout the two books listed above, The Mist is one of Stephen King's best.

No comments: