Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What We're Reading - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

If you have been tracking my posts, you may have noted that I have been on an "adventure" book kick of late and what can I say, not only did I go see the movie opening weekend but I decided to read the novelization of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Rollins.

The book is entertaining, action packed and fun and it served me two purposes, I was wondering how well Indy transfers from screen to page [just fine thank you], the story fleshes out some of the back story and lends a fuller picture to the adventure and secondly, it allowed me to finally read James Rollins an adventure writer that I hadn't yet caught up to. I will say, another book by Rollins lies in my future.

For Indiana Jones fans, the library also owns the Raiders of the lost ark novel, and for adventure readers check our X marks the spot - The quest for adventure booklist, online [look for the golden sun!] and on our literature racks.
Looks like it will be a good summer for us adventure readers, enjoy!

No comments: