Thursday, July 10, 2008

What We're Reading - Severance Package by Duane Swierczynski

Back in 2006 I posted about The Blonde [which I loved] so after a publishing delay, it was with great anticipation that I picked up Duane Swierczynksi's new book Severance Package. Find out what happens when an unexpected Saturday staff meeting traps the office staff on the 36th floor and turns out to be a bosses' unique way to "terminate" one's employment. Lover's of edgy crime/noir writing will love it. Mix in some some espionage elements, a ton of fast paced action, peppered with a twisty plot and more than enough tough, violent scenes that beg for Quentin Tarantino to direct the film version and you'll have a perfect piece of summer escapism to read. I also highly encourage you to read both of our other Swierczynski novels The Blonde and The Wheelman and then you too can join me in misery and wait for his next novel.

To keep up-to-date with Duane Swierczynski, visit his Blog

No comments: