Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Best Books of 2008: The Shack

It's that time of year again, and your friendly neighborhood librarians are eager to tell you about the best books of 2008. Here is Deniese with a review of her favorite book from last year.

I have been reading The Shack by William P. Young. I also know a lot of people are reading this. At my church, all the women are reading it. My husband read it and loved it. It’s about a spiritual journey that this man goes on after he has experienced the loss of his youngest daughter. He was a religious man and lost his faith in God. God calls him back to the shack where his daughter was murdered and his life takes on a different meaning. His friend wrote the book for him. I guess I’m suggesting it because when I look at the economy and how our world is changing the lives of so many so dramatically and so quickly, a person begins to think, "Where is God in all of this? Where is hope, where is a foundation in which I can rest and feel comfort in the midst of so much chaos?" Maybe it will give some people a renewed sense of life again.

1 comment:

Belgie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.