Thursday, June 10, 2010

What We're Reading - The Guinea Pig Diaries

The Guinea Pig Diaries

I’d read A.J. Jacobs’ The Know-it-All, wherein he reads the entire Encyclopedia Britannica and writes about the experience, and I sometimes stomp through his blog as a result. I am a former New Yorker, and, as we all know, once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker, so it pleases me to read The Guinea Pig Diaries and re-dip into the life I once almost led, or could’ve led. Jacobs is a tad obsessive--like me--only he makes a living from it, somehow. It’s well-paid navel-gazing, follow-your-nose journalism, and it’s entertaining and amazing that someone can get away with this sort of thing. This stuff is lite, but then, so is much of life, as it turns out.




Thanks to Triste for the review!

No comments: