Friday, March 18, 2011

Amoosing new Moose books!

Hello to all of Burbank.

My name is the Library Moose and I live upstairs where the library books are cataloged and made ready for you to read. I get to see every book that the Burbank Public Library makes ready for you, and this marks my first (hopefully) amoosing post about what else?...my favorite topic: Moose!
The Children's Room has made a pair of excellent picture book purchases that are simply amoosing to read.

Ernest the Moose Who Doesn't Fit by Catherine Rayner

Ernest the Moose is a large Moose with an equally large problem: He is sooooooo big that he cannot fit on the pages of his book! Ernest and his Chipmunk friend determinedly try a number of solutions until they literally think outside the book for a solution that finally allows everyone to see all of Ernest.


What happens when you are a Moose who lives in the wild, but lives a less than wild life watching your friends have all sorts of fun and adventures? Facing such a life, this Moose takes a chance boat trip that leads to the unexpected--a possible adventure, if he is able to make the Moose out of life.

They are a pair of Moostastic additions to the Library's picture book collection and will introduce one and all to members of my herd and the ingenuity that we Moose(s?) possess.

I hope to return from time to time, whenever I find tales of my herd to read and share with all of you.

Amoosingly yours,

The Library Moose

No comments: