Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A quick bark about Giant George

One of my jobs as the "family librarian" is to keep my aunt well stocked with books to read.  Normally I don't post about her reading, but the following voice message was left for me, after she read Giant George: Life with the World's Biggest Dog, by Dave Nasser with Lynne Barrett-Lee. It was too doggone good not to share with all of you:

"Hi, it's just me, I wanted to tell you I read the book Giant George, and if it doesn't make you want to run right out and get a Great Dane with blue eyes, then nothing will affect you. It was a great story."

So if you are fans of dog books (hello, all you Marley and Me fans), then stop by the library and fetch a copy of Giant George off our "new books" shelves. You'll have a tail-wagging good time. Consider giving yourself a people treat.

If you search the Internet, you will find that Giant George has been making the rounds of the talk shows promoting his book, and Giant George also has his own website - here.

No comments: