Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Best of 2012: Baseball Autobiography.

One of the many items [old and new] enjoyed by Burbank Public Library staff during 2012, recommended for your consideration:

Thanks to his open and honest writing and compelling life story, R.A. Dickey [formerly of the NY Mets, just traded to the Toronto Blue Jays] made me a fan, and I obsessively followed his stellar, Cy Young Award-winning 2012 season game by game, success by success, win by win.

For a lifelong Los Angeles Dodger supporter to find himself rooting for anyone on a New York team takes a lot, but Dickey won me over. He delivered a strikeout in Wherever I Wind Up, in which his life story takes as many unpredictable twists and turns and dips as the knuckleball he throws.

A Cy Young Award and this bestseller in the same year--couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. For more details, check out my previous posts about this book, here and here

I will now have a rooting interest in Toronto this year; read R.A. Dickey's book and you will have one too!

David P., Technical Services supervisor

No comments: