Monday, August 11, 2014

What We're Reading: Greg Rucka


About a month ago, I recommended Greg Rucka's Alpha as a terrific, brisk thrill ride of a book perfect for summertime enjoyment.
 
Recently, I saw that its just-published sequel, Bravo, had arrived, so I gave into temptation and quickly read my way through the second Jad Bell adventure.  Bravo picks up immediately after the conclusion of Alpha and features Special-Ops agent Jad Bell and his team tracking down the mysterious figures behind the terrorist attack depicted in Alpha. Both the good guys and the bad guys are aided by a pair of capable and interesting female characters. While Bravo can be read on its own, I'd take the time to read Alpha and Bravo back to back, because the two novels are really two parts of a larger storyline. Easy to imagine that another Jad Bell adventure will come our way in a couple of years. It will be interesting to see where Rucka sends him.

Greg Rucka is fast becoming a turn-to author when I need some fast-paced entertainment. I give this book my enthusiastic approval!

 
 

No comments: