Monday, August 17, 2015

What we like: Sharks!


An audio book and a novel on a favorite topic--reviews by Catherine W.

   

Shark Trouble, by Peter Benchley

I am a huge fan of sharks, so I couldn’t help but listen to stories of Peter Benchley’s real exploits with sharks. He read it himself for the audio book, which I think made it better. I found the tales very entertaining. It is a wonder the man is still alive! There is a great story about an experience he had with a large Ray that was amazing. 5 stars from me.


Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror, by Steve Alten

Due to my obsession with sharks, I came across Meg, by Steve Alten, and I was glad I did. It is about a Megalodon shark the size of two buses. The book grabs you right from the beginning. It follows Jonas Taylor, a navy deep sea diver, and his run-in with a great white shark.

If you enjoy this book, there are three more currently out there (The Trench, Primal Waters, and Hell’s Aquarium), and a new one on the way. There is also talk of someone making Meg into a movie. 
I fully recommend reading the whole series. 5 stars.

No comments: