Do you love listening to stories? Everyone around you has a story they will tell you...if you ask them. Some of these stories will be lost if they're not recorded, especially those of the older generations. Storycorps, an American non-profit organization whose mission is to record, preserve, and share the stories of Americans from all backgrounds and beliefs, was founded in 2003 by radio producer David Isay, and this year, with the help of many supporters, Storycorps has created an app to help you with recording stories, and has initiated a project called the Great Thanksgiving Listen. They are encouraging you to take time tomorrow to learn a little more about those you love the most.
How it works:
1. Download the app to your smartphone.
2. Choose someone to interview.
3. Pick great questions, find a quiet place to record, and listen closely.
4. Share your interview with the world (or your family or whoever you like!).
5. Help create an archive of the wisdom of generations.
You can go to Storycorps' website to hear the stories of people from all around the world, and you can go here to find more about the app.
How better to celebrate Thanksgiving than to add your story, or that of your loved one, to the narrative?